At Brookfield Academy, students participate in either a full day program or a smaller, abbreviated program from 10:00 am – 2:15 pm.
Typically, Brookfield Academy students have low average to above average intellectual capabilities, with most students performing at or above grade level academically when they are emotionally stable. For those students with specific learning disabilities, materials and teaching strategies are adjusted accordingly.
From a social/emotional perspective, Brookfield has proven to be highly effective in working with students who have been diagnosed with:
• Mood Disorders: Clinical Depression and Bipolar Disorder
• Anxiety Disorders: School Phobias, Social Anxiety, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
• Oppositional Defiant Disorders: Disruptive Behavior Disorders
• Autistic Spectrum Disorders
• Many other behavioral disorders
While some of our pupils may have non-compliance issues and difficulty dealing with authority figures, we are a hands-off facility that does not accept physically aggressive youth into our program.
Brookfield Academy offers numerous programs designed to enhance the educational experience.
From in-house television programming, to state-of-the-art computer labs, Brookfield Academy
provides a comprehensive learning environment. Additional programs include:
• Cosmetology Program
• Horticultural/Landscaping Program
• Team Sports, including Basketball & Softball
• Community Outreach Program
• Graphic Arts Program